God’s sovereignty hits home (Job 8-11)

There is a difference between knowing truth about God and allowing that truth to impact how we live our lives. The same day I started writing about God’s sovereignty in Job’s life, I was diagnosed with pinkeye and was coming down with a nasty cold. I was miserable. Worse than that, I had become grouchy and irritable and was acting like a jerk (best word to describe it) to my family. After two days of my inappropriate behavior my wife had to confront me about it. I knew I was acting out, but it hit me like a ton of bricks when she said it. I realized how much of a hypocrite I had been for writing about God’s sovereignty in Job’s life while not allowing His sovereignty to control my life. I entirely ignored the fact that even though I felt bad, God was still in control and had a purpose for all this. Are you like me? Have you lost sight of God’s sovereignty in your life? Are you allowing life’s circumstances to dictate your behavior rather than the truth of God’s Word? I want to encourage you to take a step back, reevaluate, and recommit to living with God’s sovereignty as a constant reality in your life.

0 comments: