We Win!

Today I read one of my favorite parts of the Bible. As part of our read through the bible devotionals that we have in our church, I read the last four chapters of Revelation today. I love these chapters because it is the completion of all of the promises of God throughout Scripture. God gave the Apostle John this wonderful glimpse into future events thus we get to know a good portion of what we have to look forward to.

It is so encouraging to know that Satan will be bound and defeated. That sin and suffering will finally be done away with. And that we will enjoy dwelling in the presence of God for eternity as he always had intended from the beginning.

When the drama finally unfolds I know that I will be on the winning team. What a glorious celebration that will be. It reminds me of watching Chicago Cubs games when they would actually win, and the late broadcaster Harry Carey would exclaim, Cubs Win, Cubs Win. Of course for the loveable losers in Wrigley it would come as a surprise, but for those of us on God's team it will come as no surprise. In his perfect timing, God will defeat Satan and those who have placed their faith and trust in Jesus will prevail.

All this reminds me of a little chorus we used to sing at church when I was a growing up, I think it goes like this, "Break forth into joy oh my soul, break forth into joy oh my soul. In the presence of the Lord there is joy forevermore. Break forth, break forth into joy oh my soul."

0 comments: