Bumper Stickers

As I was driving in to work this morning I got behind a car that had a less than flattering message on its back window. The sticker said kiss my [profane] I will let you figure out what profanity that it had listed on the window. I don't know what it is about people and the messages that they like to put on their vehicles.

I could only imagine that this gal is a somewhat angry person who travels around with a chip on her shoulder. I am not saying that she is angry all of the time. She didn't look angry, not that I saw her face or anything. I guess I am just hoping that she isn't angry all of the time. But if she isn't a somewhat angry person then why the message.

You probably know someone like this. Someone who always seems to be angry or is one comment away from flying off of the handle. I don't understand why these people are this way. I liked what Rob Bell had to say in 016 Store from the NOOMA DVD series (check it out at nooma.com) on this issue. To paraphrase what he said was that people who understand that life is bigger than we are. That there are issues in this world more important that a parking space or traffic or other minor issues we get angry about. He said the people that are focused on the bigger issues in life, don't sweat the small stuff and don't seem to get angry about things so much. Ok, so that was a bad paraphrase but you can check it out for yourself it was good.

So why be angry? Is it really worth it to be an angry person? Not really.

0 comments: