Eyes on Jesus

This morning has not been so good. You know those days that you just wish you could start them over, or you wonder what God is even doing in your life. This is one of those days for me. Yesterday I read chapters 11 and 12 of Hebrews from the New Testament. I especially love the first two verses of Hebrews chapter 12:

"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily hinders our progress. And let us run with endurance the race that God has set before us. We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, on whom our faith depends from start to finish. He was willing to die a shameful death on the cross because of the joy he knew would be his afterward. Now he is seated in the place of highest honor beside God's throne in heaven" (Hebrews 12:1-1 NLT)

So I guess what I am taking away from these verses is that I need to keep my eyes on Jesus. I know that he had bad days as well as good ones. A bad day is not the end of the world it is merely that a bad day. There is so much more to life and to living in faith than to just let a bad day get me down. I hope that you day is not a bad one. If it is then consider for yourself how great God's love is for us in sending Jesus Christ to live and to die for you and for me.

0 comments: