Extreme Faith (Genesis 21 - 24)

“I couldn’t do it, I just couldn’t do it,” Abraham said to Sarah. “Whatever do you mean, Abraham?” she asked. “Well, God asked me to offer up Isaac as a burnt offering and I just couldn’t do it,” he said.

Aren’t you glad your Bible doesn’t read that way? I have often wondered if it were my faith being tested, how the story would have turned out. Abraham had an extreme faith in God. It wasn’t that Abraham was calling God’s bluff or knew it was only a test. No, he was ready to do exactly what God asked of Him. Hebrews 11:19 says, “Abraham assumed that if Isaac died, God was able to bring him back to life again…”

Abraham had to trust God with Isaac’s life. Are you willing to do the same? Now, God isn’t asking you to physically sacrifice your life or the life of a loved one, but he is asking you to die to yourself and trust Him with your life.

0 comments: