Lean on Me

While I was in Seattle this past week I picked up a CD that I really enjoy. It is all four-part accapella. The group called A Moment In Time was performing at Pikes Place Market. One of the songs on the CD is Lean on Me. As I listened to this classic song again I began to realize how much gospel truth is in that song. If each of us would live life according to this song how much more would we be living out the gospel. God never intended for people to live life on their own. Remember what he said about Adam before creating Eve. It is not good for man to be alone. This doesn't mean that everyone should be married, but it does mean that we should all be living in community. The purpose of this community is to help each other out in life. Yes, God is a very present help in times of trouble, but we also must remember that the Church is to function as the Body of Christ. This means that we are to minister as Christ ministered. We are to enter into people's hurts and pains and extend comfort and hope. To help the afflicted and the lost.

Just some thoughts I wanted to share with you all.

0 comments: